Thursday, June 5, 2008

Selfish motorists

The announced petrol hike yesterday evening showed another side of the ugly Malaysians' behaviour. The reason I'm saying this is because it took me almost 1 1/2 hours to get home, a distance that I could have usually covered in 1/2 hour. All roads leading to petrol stations were jam-packed with all types of vehicles. Roads after the petrol stations were clear. Being stuck inside my car for 1/2 hour stretches at a time affords me time to notice things. I understand the need to pump petrol but do the motorists have to cut off all access to the roads???? Vehicles were coming in at all directions leaving no space for any car to move. So in the end we're all stuck in this situation. I guess this is part of the kiasuism syndrome. One guy got out of his car and told those who were waiting to get into the station to keep to one side of the road instead of taking up every lane on it. There is hope yet .....

No comments: