Friday, June 13, 2008

Fish Spa

Let the feast begin!

We encountered a fish spa in the mall recently. My daughter has seen ads in the mall and was eager to try. I, on the other hand, was skeptical coz I can’t imagine how it feels like to have fish nibbling away at your feet.

I relented when she convinced me that she will not leap out of the water when the fish starts “feasting” on her feet. A half hour session for kids is RM15. We agreed she can have a go, on the condition that I get to sit and watch!

She was quickly ushered by the staff at the fish spa to have her feet washed and in no time, she’s ready! It must have been very ticklish coz she’s laughing away the moment they start feasting on her feet. So cute!

The Garra Rufa or doctor fish is a freshwater fish which breeds in the river basins of the Northern and Central Middle East. The fish nibbles away at dead skin, allowing healthy skin to grow in its place.

By the time the half hour is up, my daughter is happily showing off her very clean feet!

No comments: