Monday, January 19, 2009

Home-made Chinese New Year cookies

Chinese New Year is a week away and as with tradition, I bake all our cookies myself. I'm sure there are lots of cookies being sold everywhere right now but I can't bring myself to buy them because by making the cookies myself, at the very least I can ensure the quality of the cookies I bake. I finally baked my last batch of Chinese New Year cookies yesterday and is now able to pack my utensils away .... at least for the time being.
I made only 4 types of cookies this year, for obvious reasons because standing too long makes my feet swell.
Always a favourite, pineapple tarts : Also made Chocolate Almond cookies although they don't look too pretty, just so long as they taste good!I tried Almond cookies this year too. The cookies are made with ground almonds and topped with sliced almonds. I love almonds because they impart such a rich flavour to the cookies & cakes.And finally, the kiddies' favourite - cornflakes & raisins cookies :The photos don't quite do the cookies justice, I'm afraid. I was in a hurry hence the bad photography!

3 comments:

gRaCe said...

are u selling any this yr? ermm... too late to ask this question right? hahahah....

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Nope, not selling this year. In fact I only made enough for the family this time coz standing too long makes my feet swell!