Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fish noodle @ Hainanese Taste

A friend recently treated me to lunch at Hainanese Taste Restaurant in Sea Park. She was singing praises about the delicious fish noodles.

Hainanese Taste serves handmade fish noodles. I thought the noodles were tasty so I brought my family over for breakfast over a weekend.

Hubby ordered a Fried Cheong Fun with fish noodle which he liked. It was not oily unlike other fried noodles and the fish noodle in the dish gave it an extra bite. The smooth cheong fun (rice noodles) contrasted nicely with the fish noodles.Our little girl opted for Fish Noodle Soup. The thick strands of fish noodle came in a bowl of flavourful broth with fish cake and fish balls. It’s the first time she’s eaten fish noodles and she thought it was interesting. She had fun slurping up the noodles strand by strand. If it's any indication, she finished the whole bowl.I decided to order my usual ... rice noodles in soup. The flat rice noodles were smooth and came topped with vegetables, fish balls and fish cake. I like the fish balls which were very springy. I also ordered extra fried pork rind to add to the noodles. It gave the noodles a nice crunch.Hainanese Taste also serves the usual toasted bread with kaya and of course, thick Hainanese coffee.

The address for Hainanese Taste is No. 12 & 14 Jalan 21/19 Ground Floor, Sea Park, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel : 7876 5461.


No comments: