Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yam Abacus seeds at Seong Kee Hakka Yong Tau Foo

We had lunch today at Seong Kee at the Old Town Taman Selera. A colleague told me that this stall was featured in a tv program. The first time I went there the yam abacus seeds were all sold out but today I got to try it.
I'm not going to write a glowing report because personally, I think it's an acquired taste. My colleague who's Hakka likes it. She thinks it's nice and tasty. The abacus seeds are expensive, at least by my standards. It's RM15 a plate and comes stir-fried with Chinese celery, tofu, wood fungus and minced pork.I know the yam abacus is supposed to be Seong Kee's popular dish, but I really liked their fried chicken wings instead. The wings were hot off the wok and are crispy and tasty. Each wing & drummet costs RM2.50, each order comes with 2 so that makes it RM5.00.
Seong Kee Yong Tow Foo Stall No. 35, Taman Selera, Jalan Othman, Petaling Jaya
Tel No: 03 - 7781 0946

2 comments:

Malaysia Asia said...

Hi there, funny that I came across your blog and I also went to old town just 2 days ago to eat Yong Tau Foo there. Anyway, I stay around there so I have frequented this place for over 15 years now.

Great blog and keep it up!

Regards,
David
Malaysia Asia

Sharon said...

I didn't know it's been there for so long. There were lots of customers. I guess it's a case of to each his own.